From the Spring 2010 National Survey of Hospital Compliance Executives conducted by Identity Forces:
- Compliance continues to lag as nearly 85% of hospitals are NOT in compliance with the HITECH Act
- Breaches are up over 120% from last year’s survey
- 41% of hospitals now have 10 or MORE data breaches annually
- Potential patient ID fraud and misuse going un‐investigated as 34% of hospitals keep inadequate records
- 48% of hospitals do not check to make sure vendors and business associates are in compliance with the HITECH act.
As medical consumers, should we be worried. You betcha!
Thanks to Hal Amens for this story.